We love this recipe, as it’s become a go-to for us when we need to provide a delicious meals for a cast of many! About 10 years ago, our good friend Sherry shared this family favorite, and we’ve been making it ever since! We love that you can “set it and forget it”, it’s affordable to whip up, and it’s a serious crowd pleaser! You can pair it with a salad, and some crusty buns and that’s all you need for a yummy and filling meal for your whole crew.
Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches: (We’re cooking for 12-15 people, so we double this recipe!)
– One 2-3 Lb Chuck or Rump Roast *We pick them up on special, and save them in the freezer.*
**3P Tip: make sure you buy either a chuck roast or a rump roast, as other cuts of meat won’t “shred” properly**
– One 10.5 ounce can of beef broth
– 1 1/2 cups of water
– One McCormick Au Ju Packet
– A little bit of garlic powder and pepper to taste
1. Add all of your ingredients to your crock pot, and throw your crock pot in the microwave (covered with a microwave safe lid) for about 10-15 minutes to give it a good head start. (We only do this when we need to get a meal made quickly, you don’t have to put your crock pot in the microwave.)
2. Set your crock pot on High for 4 hours, and line under the lid with foil to keep steam and heat in. This will definitely help everything cook faster! You can also cook on low for 7-8 hours without the tin foil liner if you’re not in a hurry.
3. Once the meat is finished cooking, carefully remove and shred the meat and then add back to the au jus in the crock pot.
4. Serve with crusty buns and condiments like mustards and horseradish! Delish!