August-October = AVOCADO SEASON! What better way to have your eggs, and get that protein for breakfast…than to bake them right inside a delicious and perfectly ripened avocado? Want to learn how? Read on, hungry readers! I first saw these when a friend posted a photo on Facebook, and instantly had to try them out. I tried a few different variations until finding the perfect recipe. It goes a little something like this:
You’re going to need:
-One ripe (but not too ripe) avocado
– Two large (but not extra large) eggs
– A sprinkle of Paprika
– Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper to taste
– Serve with tortilla chips, and a little bit of Tapatio hot sauce!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375.
2. Slice your avocado in half, and remove the pit.
3. Scoop out a little extra avocado to make room for your egg.
4. Gently crack and pour your egg into the “avocado bowl”, pouring any over flow into the sink.
5. Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on top…and bake for about 15 minutes.
Add a splash of hot sauce and some tortilla chips and you’ve got a great little Mexican breakfast…or just eat them as is with a spoon and it’s a quick on-the-go snack! Healthy and easy…what we’re all about here at 3P.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy avocado season? I LOVE my Uncle Tony’s Guacamole too, which we featured way back in the day for Superbowl! Check it out HERE, and share your favorite avocado recipes in a comment below or on Facebook.
Ok you guys. You are keeping me busy deciding which recipe I am going to make first as this weekk you have blown me away with winning great and delicious recipes!!!
Love your great ideas. Tania
Awww thank you, Tania!! I love YOUR support of our ideas. 🙂 These are really easy to make and such a great breakfast. Let me know how yours turn out!