I have three sisters and we celebrated a milestone this year with the youngest – Tracy turned 50 and planned a visit to Vegas to celebrate! Her one request was to go to a rock concert featuring one of the bands we used to listen to when we were kids.
Having that in mind, and asking around…I learned of a newer Vegas show “Raiding the Rock Vault”, which featured rock musicians and their music from the past. I found a GREAT deal from The Radio Shopping Show for the tickets. You can pick up a few of your own here: http://www.kshp.com
And for info on the show, you can visit the official website here: www.raidingtherockvault.com
This is when I came up with Tracy’s birthday theme: “Birthday Like a Rockstar”.
– 50 small gifts (For example: candles, personalized notepads, favorite candies, fun items like a tiara and birthday badge, birthday Kleenex, fun mug, favorite tea, cake mix, bath fizzes, pedicure kits, etc.)
– Silver & Gold wrap/gift bags (Yes, once again…Dollar Tree came through)
– A little pizzazz from Big Lots: a light-up star ornament and a guitar shaped popcorn container with Elvis on it! (All 70-80% off after Christmas)
It was all packaged and displayed upon Tracy’s arrival. And the finishing touch was the 50 gifts for your 50th sign that Jessi whipped up. We used a 3P Basic to elevate the display all of the loot: we took a small laundry hamper, wrapped it in a gold plastic tablecloth, and filled it with a few of the gifts. Adding dimension created an “exaggerated” look, and anchored the display together. Adding light and using gold and silver in decor colors, with glittery bows and accessories gave us the *wow* factor we were looking for. (The gold sequined picks were purchased at Pier 1 for 50% off after Christmas.)
3P Event Basics:
– Start early so gifts can be personal, yet inexpensive as you see them on sale.
– You can use this idea for any birthday
– My friend Jana created 50 large envelopes for my 50th birthday with personalized labels on all of them, placed in a chest. We did a similar idea when my sister Bev turned 50.
I was so touched when Jana put all the time and love into such a thoughtful gift, I just knew it was something I wanted to do for others.
Well, we all Birthday’d Like a Rockstar, loved the show and would see it again. Tracy adorned her birthday tiara and pin all week as she chose to open a few of her gifts daily! Hope to hear all of your great ideas on unique celebrations for big birthdays! If you decide you’d like to run with this idea for your next birthday celebration, and you have any question or need some help…leave us a comment below and we’ll get back to you right away!