We had the most beautiful Easter brunch with our family…everybody brought a dish or two and I think everyone left with loosened belts! SO many tasty Easter treats from eggs to salads to cakes. Speaking of eggs and cake…or pie…my Aunt Shari brought over her delicious Quiche Lorraine and it was so good we even had it for breakfast again the day after Easter!
This savory quiche is a snap to make, and to save even more time it can be made with pre-made pie crusts. Aunt Shari gets them from Marie Calendar’s!
Aunt Shari’s Quiche Lorraine
– 1 pre-made pie crust
– 8 ounces lean bacon (You could also sub with leftover Easter Ham)
– 4 large eggs
– 1.5 cups whipping cream
– 1 cup swiss cheese or Gruyere
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Allow your pie crust to also defrost to room temp.
2. Slice your bacon in 1/4 inch strips and fry in small skillet for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk together whipping cream with eggs until blended, and nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
4. Evenly spread the cheese and cooked bacon in the bottom of your pie crust, and pour the egg and cream mixture on top of this layer. Carefully place your quiche in the oven.
5. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
The results are wonderful, and a perfect item to bring to ANY brunch or breakfast. Everyone will love it, even the next day. YUM! Thank you so much for not only bringing us this awesome dish, but for sharing your recipe, Aunt Shari!
Do you have a favorite bring-along brunch recipe, or a dish you love so much you just HAVE to have a bite the next day?