October is National Pizza Month + it’s finally Friday….a Practically Perfect time to let the kids make dinner! 3P is all aboard the pizza train with a “Family Friendly Fun Friday” recipe for Easy Peasy Flatbread Pizza. Choose toppings that the kids will devour…we chose chicken and turkey pepperoni with green and red bell-pepper confetti for something a little festive…plus a trusty stand by everyone loves: Hawaiian style ham and pineapple. Use up your leftover marinara from earlier in the week (recipe HERE!) but if time is of the essence: pick up a tasty pre-made pizza sauce from Fresh & Easy, YOUR preferred, or OUR favorite: a jar of Paul Newman’s “Sockarooni” pasta sauce! Be sure to grab some FlatOut Artisan Pizza Crusts from your local grocer and let’s get going.
To make 2-4 flatbread pizzas you’ll need:
– One package of Flat Out Pizza Crusts (We chose Rosemary and Olive Oil for our turkey pepperoni and chicken confetti piza…for Hawaiian Pizza, use Plain Pizza Crusts)
– about 2 cups of marinara sauce
– about 2-3 cups of cheese
– olive oil for brushing your pizza crusts
– desired toppings: diced chicken, diced pepper “confetti” will have the kids partying with veggies, chopped pineapple for sweetness, sliced ham, turkey pepperoni, etc!
– a baking sheet lined with tin foil
1. Prepare your toppings first, and add to small bowls to keep in the fridge while you prep your pizzas.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 375, to “pre-bake” your crusts. This will make sure they’re crispy and delicious…plus sturdy enough for sauce, cheese, and toppings! Brush your crusts with olive oil before baking in oven for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Bake your pizzas in the 375 degree oven for another 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly! Slice criss-cross into perfect pizza triangles and serve hot! It’s a Pizza Party! Happy Family Friendly Fun Friday!