Talk about simple! If you’re tired of using sugar-filled jellies and jams, simply switch out your sugary spread for sliced fruit for breakfast! 3P’s giving a quick how-to on fresh and fast fruity breakfast toast ideas! Strawberries and bananas are a great option because they can be cut into flat pieces, but use whatever fruits you have on hand – blueberries, peaches, raspberries and blackberries all make great choices. Not only will the kids benefit from the lower sugar content, you’ll also boost their fiber intake and enhance fullness. Which as we all know: equals a more focused child that’s ready to soak up knowledge!
- 2 pieces 100% whole grain bread
- 5 fresh strawberries, or one banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- I like to add chia seeds for extra omega 3’s + a nice “crunch factor” 🙂
- Place the bread in the toaster and toast to your preferred toastiness.
- Cut up strawberries (or other fresh fruit) into easily layerable slices.
- Spread toast with peanut butter.
- Layer fruit on top of peanut butter, and sprinkle chia seeds. Either layer fruit on both pieces of toast and serve open-faced, or layer only on one side and close the sandwich for a quick, portable meal.
Even as an adult, I whip these up for a quick healthy breakfast, or even for a snack when I get hungry in the office. It’s just the right amount to feel full, with protein in the peanut butter…and some energy from whole grain bread and fresh fruit! Be sure to check out our “Have a Good Day Cereal Buffet” for even more ideas to make Breakfast fast and fun!