Today is National MAN CAVE DAY! I have to admit that I’ve had plenty of time in The Cave watching football…so it’s time for me to “give back” and make an easy “manly meal” for the family….while having what I like to call QUALITY TIME. So, when the Thanksgiving leftovers have run their course and you’ve got a large crew to feed, a crock pot for The Cave is your best friend! Crock Pot Pot Roast is an hot and hearty way to fill family bellies with little stress, little cost, and little mess. Slow cook an old favorite, throw on your PJ’s with the whole fam, and stay in for game night!
Crock Pot Pot Roast is a comfort meal made easy, that everyone loves. Pick up a chuck roast, or bottom round roast on sale from the local market, add the classic veggies (that you may even have on hand in the fridge) + a few easy key ingredients and you’re golden!
Crock Pot Pot Roast:
– One chuck or bottom round roast (3-4lbs)
– 1 cup beef broth
– 1 cup red wine
– 1 packet onion soup mix
– One bunch carrots, trimmed and peeled
– 3-4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
– 1 lb green beans, snapped and washed
– optional mushrooms
1. Place your roast in your crock pot, add water, wine, and soup mix. Also add a touch of garlic & pepper. Salt isn’t needed, as the soup mix handles the sodium!
2. Set your crock pot to high for 4 hours, and cover with tin foil to seal in the heat!
3. Once two hours has passed, add carrots and potatoes to the crock pot.
4. In the final hour: add your green beans! This will ensure everything cooks beautifully without going mushy.
This easy meal is a real crowd pleaser, especially in our family. Once everyone has finished their plate (and possibly gone for seconds), and the dishes are done thanks to the ease of crock-pot cooking…it’s GAME TIME! We love to play Catchphrase (Marissa loved this one), Scattergories (Jessi insists on this game as she always wins), Taboo, Yahtzee (a favorite with Brenda and John), Apples to Apples (Gavin makes this hilarious), and of course…Mexican Train Dominoes (my personal favorite).
Gather the adults, wrangle up the kids, and take a few hours to enjoy the calm after the post-holiday-craziness. Share a meal, share some jokes, and remember what family is all about: simple fun with those we love! Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all, from Man Cave Dwellers everywhere!
Wish I was their to share National Man Cave Day and celebrate with a nice cold glass of Sonoma Chardonay!!!!!