Everyone is getting excited for their own Super Bowl parties, and with the date rapidly approaching, we thought we’d offer some 3P last minute tips to plan a “Practically Perfect” Super Bowl Party.
(And snack time!)
- Get a headcount of guests so that you can be prepared for the next step…
- MENU PLAN! We always go “potluck” for our football parties…everyone brings a dish, and then the pressure is off but gameday is on! Check out the Man Cave’s post from earlier this week for some great dip recipes, and be sure to peep our long-time family favorite recipe below: 7 Layer Dip!
- Buy inexpensive paper products ahead of time in team colors (blue and orange and/or navy blue and lime green) instead of dropping cash on official NFL gear.
- Jump in the Pool! Kidding, kidding…but seriously: use that 3P betting pool sheet to create some fun and interaction with guest before the game. Make sure everyone brings some betting cash, and get it all collected before you get started. Download your betting pool sheet here: http://practicallyperfectplanner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Super-Bowl-53.pdf
- Research some other Super Bowl party games like “Football Bingo” and “Don’t Say It!”, etc from sites like Taste of Home: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/holiday—celebration-recipes/super-bowl-recipes/score-points-with-these-super-bowl-party-games
- At your party have everyone vote on their favorite Super Bowl Commercials! Whoever picks the commercial(s) that everyone loved the most can win a prize of your choosing. It’s a great post-game conversation starter.
- For you East Coast readers, the Super Bowl party can end pretty late at night…so try to clean up as you go along, and don’t be afraid to team up with guests so clean up is a cinch!
And last but certainly not least: a little extra dip never hurt anyone! Here’s our family recipe for our Nana’s Famous 7 Layer Dip that my sister Marissa has now been masterminding and bringing to parties over the years!
1 jar of Frito Lays Spicy Bean Dip
1 to 2 cups Guacamole or Avocado Dip
3 tablespoons of sour cream
3 tablespoons of Mayo
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese
1 Roma tomato
1/2 cup of green onion
1/2 cup of sliced black olives
Spread bean dip first, then avocado dip/guacamole second, in glass or ceramic baking or serving dish. In a separate bowl mix sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning all together. Spread taco seasoning mix on top of avocado dip. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cut tomato up into cubes and place on top of cheese. Chop green onion and place on top of tomatoes, then place black olives on top of everything! Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. If you can, make your 7 Layer Dip the night before you want to serve it as it will taste better the longer you let it chill. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite part of the Super Bowl party festivities? Do you have any tried and true Super Bowl traditions?