Laying low at home for New Year’s Eve can still delight and dazzle with low cost tips, tricks, and time-savers. Set a party table or buffet in minutes as you count down to midnight + take a sneak peek at what some celeb chefs have on the menu for NYE eat-spiration! Let’s make a little noise and get this party started!
1. Use gold, silver or sparkly holiday wrap as a whimsical table/buffet runner. Mix up your party-table-plan with a touch of China and crystal to dress up paper favors!
2. Break open your New Year’s Eve event box and rediscover happy hats, toasting tiaras, and remembrance banners! (Or, start your own NYE Event Box this year, by picking up a kit for under $20 full of party-on must haves. You can score one swiftly from almost anywhere! Our local Walgreens has them right by the check out for under $15!)
3. Choose some of your Christmas on-hand ornaments that will pull double duty as “auld lang syne” favorites! Our vibrant violet tree ornaments served as napkin rings + our lime green starburst ornament was nestled into a crystal dish filled with cellophane with additional champagne bubbles + party poppers…looking party perfect!
4. Achieve height and dimension for a pro-show tablescape by cellophane-ing your ice bucket. Let it be the “light of the party” by adding battery operated LED Christmas lights to show off your party favors. Tip your hat(s) on a Christmas tree stand and wait for wow’s!
5. Speaking of light: GlueDot a party tiara to a Christmas votive and create a star of the party! Add a simple floating candle to a champagne flute to brighten the party vibe.
6. Our customary Happy New Year banner is lying down on the job this year to act as table scatter on our already glistening buffet! Think “out of the event box” for unique uses for treasured favorites to shake up your tablescape.
Still trying to meld together a menu? Food Network has celebration-ready cuisine plans from simple to seriously extravagant right at your fingertips! Steaks, sliders, snacks, simple desserts… Take a peek HERE for ideas from Giada De Laurentis, Rachel Ray, Guy Fieri and more! Epicurious also has excellent suggestions for party-tastic plates HERE from classy to casual! Featuring dishes from The Neely’s, Chopped Champions, Mario Batali + a few next day brunch bites that are lookin’ GOOD! These menus might just inspire you to whip up something GENIUS for your guests!
Ring in the New Year with a few 3P reminders on making life special…in minutes!