This Crock Pot Pulled Pork is the craze this summer!
This slow and go 2 lb. pork shoulder roast combined with an 12 oz. can of root beer is all you need to have your main course ready for a meal time. Prep only takes minutes before popping in a Crock pot while you play or work without heating up the house. Depending on the guest count, this can easily be doubled.
1 (2 pound) pork “butt”/shoulder
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
Beans to Boot is a great accompaniment that can be whipped up in a flash and will soon be a favorite!
– 2 medium cans of Original Bush’s Baked Beans
– 1 medium onion, diced and sauteed in 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter
– fry up 4 slices of bacon until crispy, save 1 tbsp of bacon grease to mix in with beans
– 12 oz can of diced mild green chiles
– 4 or 5 dashes of Cholula hot sauce
– 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
– 1 tbsp chopped garlic
– 3 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1. Mix all ingredients, and refrigerate over night.
2. Bake at 350 for one hour, or add to crockpot for 2-3 hours on low.
Nothing compliments pulled pork and sweet & savory baked beans quite like a crisp salad or slaw. Check out our Go To Salad Guide HERE for the most delightful dancing partner to your meal. (For instance…this crunchy zesty ramen slaw…)
This Dynamic Duo of pork and beans with a vibrant veggie tray or a slaw as seen above, + fresh rolls is all you need for your next no worry in a hurry gathering!