As our terrific Tea Committee gathers for our year-round meetings to coordinate and dream up our epic event…we can’t help but get REALLY EXCITED (…and hungry but there will be more about that later…lol). This year over 350 women will gather to travel “Around the World” with us as our theme transports each tea table to different corner of our gorgeous globe for the Hearts for Hope Tea benefitting Club Christ Ministries. Take a peek at our “in-flight” invite below:
Now with the big ideas and plans discussed at these top secret meetings…we also get to sample delectable offerings from the committee + cook up our own big batch of awesome to feed the team. This week, it was our Neapolitan Lemon Chicken, accompanied by a tasty key lime cookie cups from Linda!
We scored this tangy and delicious chicken recipe from The International Garlic Festival cookbook (one of our awesome Harvest Festival vendors!) and couldn’t pass it up as we prep to trek the globe at the tea. “Aunt Mary’s Neapolitan Chicken” was a favorite with the committee, and it’s sure to be with your family too!
1 lb chicken breasts filleted and pounded
1/2 cup of flour
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup olive oil
4-6 gloves garlic
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon, sliced
1 tbsp parlsey, chopped
After washing and pounding the chicken, cut into cubes and dredge with flour. Heat oil and butter over medium heat. Stir in chicken and fry until golden brown. Set aside. Mince garlic and sautee in the pan with remaining juices, add chicken broth and boil. Gently scrape along sides of pan as you stir, then add lemon juice. Place cooked chicken into a casserole dish and cover with broth mixture. Let it sit on low heat to absorb all flavors…serve over rice!
This dish was doubled and served atop healthy lemon & parsley brown rice. Jessi even took leftovers for lunch…and it was just as good the next day. A nifty dessert to accompany this dish could be to serve up cool and creamy Neapolitan ice cream…but we lucked out and were able to sample Linda’s Homemade Key Lime Tartlets! These cuties complimented our lemony garlic chicken perfectly, and we can’t wait to serve them at the tea!
1 package Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup key lime juice
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
whipped cream and extra zest for garnish
For the cookie cups:
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 20 mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. Roll each cookie into a ball and press into each muffin tin cup.
4. Bake for ten to twelve min or until golden brown. Remove each cookie and gently press with a spoon to create cup shape.
5. After ten more minutes, gently remove cups from tin and allow to cool completely.
For the filling:
1. Whisk together juice, egg yolks, milk, and vanilla.
2. Pour into medium pot and sautee on med until eggs are cooked through.
3. Keep on heat and stir for 12-14 min, then remove and allow to cool.
4. Fill a ziplock bag with a side snipped off with the key lime mix.
5. Pipe directly into each cup.
6. Garnish with whipped cream and lime zest.
With full tummies, and a full house…our tea meetings really get us laughing and smiling all the way to the big event. Be sure to stay tuned as we feature tea tables, raffle gifts, silent auction prizes and more.