The Championships have come and gone…now the Super Bowl is coming up quick! Get ready for another Pig skin Pig Out with a Man Cave staple = BACON! Come on, it goes with darn near everything. To further heat up the crowd before the kick-off – “Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers!” (Jackie and Bill’s favorite!)
These sweet and smoky poppers have just the right amount of sweet and heat with brown sugar bacon and spicy chili powder!
– 12-15 jalapeños, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned of all seeds.
– 8 oz of cream cheese
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 lb of sliced bacon
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 tbsp chili powder
The How To:
1. Mix cheeses together well, and fill jalapeño halves.
2. Cut bacon slices in 1/2 and wrap around jalapeños, securing with toothpicks if needed.
3. Mix brown sugar + chili powder, roll poppers in mixture.
4. Bake 45 minutes at 375 and “pop” them out!
Now this last idea was not part of my Man Cave planning for the big day, but Brenda and Jessi swear they have found the perfect “sweet success” dessert while keeping “in theme.” Try this out (drumroll please) – “BACON CUPCAKES!”…courtesy of HOFFY…makers of my favorite hot dogs! Check out the recipe HERE!
They had me at “bacon”, but I made them work a little harder on the sell which they then added “It’s salty and sweet, and a manly treat!” Gotta love them…Can’t start planning the Big Party too soon! We’ll be doing a little pigging out and watching THE BIG GAME!
Have a great Super Bowl!