4 Tips to Repurposed Wrap for Gifts!
“KACHOO”…sneezes…a quick wipe. I bet that’s what most of you think of when you look at a box of tissues. At Practically Perfect Planner, we see creative and environmentally friendly gift wrap!
Here is a 3P way to recycle, renew, and re-use empty tissue boxes…how cute are these!? Recipients of these unique gift boxes will be amazed by this pretty package. A 3P Environmentally Friendly Tip: Use an eco-bag to store your tissue boxes when they’re finished so that re-using is fast and handy…and hang them with a recycled hanger in your closet to save space!
- For an elegant look, you can use a fancy looking tissue box with a damask print and pair it with a silver or gold flower or bow ornament. Many of these silver, glittery gems are repurposed from Christmas! They have a little clip on the back, which make for a super fast and simple way to dress up a gift. We just clipped this onto the top of the box, and instantly dressed up that tissue box into something special.
- For the girl on the run, a tissue box with boots…fits! Add your goodies to a small cellophane bag, tuck in an “on the go” tissue pack (see instructions at the bottom of the post!), and ribbon it up! Simple and looks cute “to boot”!
- For wrap that really pops….use a bright, colorful tissue box with a BIG poof of coordinating tissue paper. It’s fast, festive, and adds major volume and color! We love this butterfly box we saved from “colds past”!
- Last but not least…an environmentally friendly Happy Birthday box! We recycled a box with cupcakes on it, and you could even put a cupcake or two INSIDE! Wrap your gift or cakes in a cute cellophane bag, use some wide and bright ribbon…you’ve got yourself a birthday treat someone is sure to love.
Now, you may be wondering how you fit the gift inside each tissue box, and there are two easy ways! You can simply slip the gift into the top opening of the tissue box and then fill with tissue paper, or top your cello-bag with a ribbon and fluff! To accommodate larger gifts…you can also carefully cut along the bottom with some scissors, or an exact-o knife if you have one. Insert the gift through the bottom. Just be sure to tape or glue the bottom throughly so that it doesn’t end up separating or having your gift fall out! Here’s how:
1. Grab your tissue box, your prepped gift, and some scissors.
2. Cut carefully and evenly across the bottom, making a “flap” that you can fasten back together once the gift is inside.
3. Insert your gift carefully, pulling bows or ribbon up through the top.
4. Once you’ve taped up the bottom tidily, your gift is ready to go!
We hope you’ll start saving and repurposing your tissue boxes…you never know when you might need to wrap a gift in a hurry! These are just a few ideas, but let us know and share some pics of how you recycle, renew, and reuse for wrapping. Remember when you sneeze, it’s just breeze to be one step closer to wrapping a special parcel!