Ever wanted to spontaneously invite friends and acquaintances to your home for some holiday cheer – but after a moment of preparation panic…you declined? Here’s our 3P K.I.S.S. method: Keep It Simple (and) Spontaneous! We’ve made a list and we’ve checked it twice by stocking up on tasty items + some Trader Joe’s must-haves. Now you can extend your invites with no frets or regrets! Enjoy a bite, mix and mingle, even trim the tree….all stress free! Be 3P mindful! Your circle of pals are dropping in to spend time with you, and they’re not expecting party-perfect.
1. Favorite on-hand platters out to grab at a glance!
2. Festive paper products such as napkins, party picks, and small plates keep things easy and in theme.
3. Once you’ve knocked out your shopping list of goodies…you’re all set for the season! These items have a long shelf life so you can party through to New Years!
We made a serious TJ’s run, and picked up a stellar selection of snacks and more! For this party, we featured a LOT of fabulous TJ’s cuisine…but here are just a few of our favorite picks:
Delicious Non-Alcoholic Drinks:
1. Ginger Lemon Echenachea Lemonade: a spicy holiday treat, refreshing and tangy! + Villa Italia Blood Orange Italian Soda: something a little different, not your average soda. Not to sweet, not too tart…the perfect holiday perk sans booze!
Out of this World Appy’s, Toasts, Dips and More:
2. Spanikopita: these toasty triangles were terrific straight out of the oven, served with quick homemade dipping sauces whipped up by Carla!
3. Chicken Egg Rolls: Gavin absolutely LOVED these. Crunchy, crispy and full of chicken and veggies!
4. Red Pepper Jelly: the perfect pretty pairing with cream cheese and buttery crackers!
5. Brioche Toasts: these held up fabulously, providing a crunchy foundation for thick spreads and tampenades!
6. Green Olive Tampenade: the wonderful balance of salt, tart, and tang! Olive oil and olives on toast…does it get any better?
7. Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Dip: this bright red and boisterously festive dip was a huge hit with our crowd!
8. Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers: We keep these in the pantry at all times…served with olives and other antipasti, you simply can’t go wrong.
9. Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Almonds: these salty sweet morsels are to DIE for…grab a handful of these tasty and trendy treats!
10. Double Roasted Salsa: Last but not least, this salsa packs a mega punch of flavor! Unique and not-too-spicy…it’s always been a must-have for the Meehan kids!
Snacks served, ornaments organized, guests grazing…it’s a party! We enjoyed an easy evening going with the flow, mingling with friends, and of course…trimming our gorgeous Christmas Tree. Did we miss anything? Do you have any top Trader Joe’s picks this season?