Practically Perfect Planner turns their Harvest Festival Original Art & Craft Show booth into an “A for Apple” showcase for our readers. Learn to make rosy red apple pens in 10 minutes or less…discover our how-to: back to school centerpiece: adorable, affordable and gets the kids involved to celebrate back to school by digging into their backpack treasures. Before we “head to class”: We have a 3P WINNER to announce!
**JILL GIBSON…YOU ARE OUR BACK TO SCHOOL BLISS GIVEAWAY WINNER!!**
The ABC’s of harvesting our Back to School Basket of Bliss is as easy as 1,2,3:
1. “Picking” our theme: Apples to apples was our game-plan, and went hand in hand with kids going back to school.
2. Prizes that were the apple of everyone’s eye: 1 hour Massage and rejuvenating Murad Facial thanks to Massage Envy, a ‘Relax’ mask, a basket of snacks, stationary, spa treats and more! Everything Mom needs to have a day of bliss during all of the Back to School Busy-ness!
3. Design Appeal: our bushel anchored the display. Our apple bouquets, recycled produce netting, and red tissue filled and highlighted our design. And the apple appeal of the prizes, all raised easily to view had everyone signing up to win! This gift could be used for birthdays, showers, get well, or a special teacher!
A glimpse of how we gathered our apples and created our booth. You’ve just heard about our bountiful basket of bliss, read on for ideas to use at home:
(You can score this adorable FREE Back to School Printable Banner from Printabelle HERE!)
THREE EASY 3P HOW-TO’S: FRESH & FESTIVE APPLE PENS, EDUCATION CELEBRATION CENTERPIECE, AND A FUN & FUNCTIONAL FAVOR!
1. We “picked” apples as our theme, and went with an ABC-inspired back to school look! The biggest hit at our booth (besides our basket) were our DIY apple pens…some even asked if they were for sale! These ruby red beauties were a last minute addition to our sign up area, took less than 10 minutes, and less than $10 to make. Faux apple bunches are available for under $7 at Michaels, GlueDots can be found at any office supply store and we used pens we had on hand at 3P. We also wrapped these pens with color coordinated Scotch Expressions tape to match our theme, not necessary for all pens…but a cute addition!
– Carefully “core” out a small hole in the bottom of each apple.
– Attach a GlueDot to the top of each pen, insert the sticky end into your apple, and you’re done!
Arrange in a flower pot for fresh festivity! We used this pot filled with pinto beans to hold our pens and look like soil!
2. Our centerpiece was crafted with the classroom in mind using back to school items you can find in your students knapsack! Using a two-tier cake stand and red dishes from home, we added bright colored school supplies and a few apple candies to fill and finish this classroom classic! This could be featured for any educational celebration from a 1st day of school to a grad party! This fabric decor wrap creates dimension, and will bend and twist as you “puddle” it to finish your centerpeice and ground it to your tablescape. These multipurpose rolls come in a variety of colors from Joann’s or Michael’s and eliminate the need to purchase new coordinating table cloths.
3. It’s not a party without a favor! We scoured our favorite catalog from our friends at Fun Express, and ordered mini chalkboards for each child that stopped by our booth. Quickly attaching a colorful apple that we stamped with our new Practically Perfect Planner stamp…made sure that everyone had a take home piece, chalked up to 3P. These could also be used as place-cards for your next after-school dinner, or back to school celebration!
Congratulations again to our winner, and we hope you’ll craft up a few of these classroom favorites! Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we feature mid-week kid friendly meals and more! Happy Back to School!
Your Table at Harvest Festival looks fun, amazing and colourfull!!
I am sure your table will be very popular and will attract people from all ages.
What a wonderful exposure for 3P and I am sure lots of feed back!
Have fun…I wish I was there….Hugs. Tania